I Forge Iron

Emerson Anvil

They wouldn't be through hardened and tempered, that's expensive and difficult.  Still, being cast steel grinding wouldn't shorten their lives like a hard faceplate on wrought or cast body will suffer.

Still, we don't want to encourage bad habits you know. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Very cool, how much did it set you back?

Frosty The Lucky.

I was able to pick her up new, and no shipping from our local farrier supply, but it was still just around $960 or so, I bought a lot of stock that day and paid in cash and got another 15% off my total bill Love that place.

59 minutes ago, Bo T said:

What is the weight on that beauty?

200 lbs and the stand is around 50 lbs. A nice upgrade from my 70 lb n.c. tool big face.

I'd say OUCH but it's brand new and I'm very fond of good quality cast steel anvils. I paid  more than that for my Soderfors but it came with a bunch of ( stolen by a bad guy:angry:) tongs and other tools as the guy was getting rid of his farrier's kit. So I can't say how much I actually paid for it. I don't regret a penny though.

The 70lb will make a nice traveling anvil for Demos, meetings, etc. Good combo you have there.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Very nice anvil and encouraging to see your excitement about Emerson. 
I will be buying either the 150# or 200# tomorrow - still waffling based on price (which has gone up since you bought yours). 

I'm in Oklahoma. I called Emerson direct to see what shipping options were. Pat Emerson told me that she and her husband were coming to OKC this weekend. I jokingly asked if they would bring the anvil for me so I could save shipping expense. She said YES! So, tomorrow I will make the purchase over the phone and they will load it up and bring it with them. :)

• 7 years later...