I Forge Iron

Question for the Peter Wright guys

It is stamped 1-3-16 from what I see

How much is that?

I worked in a shop with one marked 1-3-2  and it is 160-some if I recall. 

On another note; I understand the PW anvils were super high quality but . . . . . .and dont take this wrong;  they seem to all look like yours. Broken corners and/or section of the carbon face missing. 

Perhaps that is normal for that brand? I don't recall seeing other anvils looking like that. Some of mine have small chips from the corners and they are Trentons and Black Jack.

5 hours ago, SReynolds said:

It is stamped 1-3-16 from what I see

How much is that?

I worked in a shop with one marked 1-3-2  and it is 160-some if I recall. 

On another note; I understand the PW anvils were super high quality but . . . . . .and dont take this wrong;  they seem to all look like yours. Broken corners and/or section of the carbon face missing. 

Perhaps that is normal for that brand? I don't recall seeing other anvils looking like that. Some of mine have small chips from the corners and they are Trentons and Black Jack.

I totally agree, most Peter Wrights I see have been rode pretty hard.

I do like this anvil. And the large working area of the face. But I much prefer my Hay Budden anvil.

And as was mentioned. The weight stamp is 212 pounds. But even with the face damage it tips the scale at 213.9