I Forge Iron

Dwarf forging press

the iron dwarf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is another thread with the vid on because of the 'FORBIDDEN' problem

as a person who is more than one TP character and I used to own another character, have wrote a book which Terry did the intro to I say you cant have too much

internal spacer fitted to cylinder 2 and toolholder, also pipe couplings done.

on the power pack I have replaced the foot switch with one that has a center off position and swapped the connectors to the solenoid valve so the cylinder will go down when I put my foot down and up when I raise it, on the first test it was the other way round.

still need to finish the frame for cy 2 and add anti rotation to the rod and the limit switches but it is moving on a bit.

maybe some pix later

some new pix of cyl 2

still need to fix cylinder in place and add anti rotation bar / limit switches etc.

needs a little more under the table but most of the heavy bits are added and it is still less than cyl 1 in weight.

cylinder is extended at the moment and when retracted the toolholder goes slightly inside the plate under the cylinder, travel is about 3" 76mm, table is 6" 152mm wide, at a guess it is less than 24" 610mm tall.

hope to do a bit more on monday

SAM_0756.JPG

SAM_0757.JPG

SAM_0758.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

today welded on the new tool holder, finished side plates, put anti rotation bar on new tool holder.

waiting for new backplate to take switches, present one has holes in wrong place.

less than 28 kg ( about 60 lbs ) at the moment and not much more to add

height 61cm ( 24" )

SAM_0134.JPG

SAM_0135.JPG

SAM_0136.JPG

SAM_0138.JPG

SAM_0137.JPG

SAM_0134.JPG

SAM_0139.JPG

SAM_0140.JPG

Firstly those 'clamps ' are just the biscuit I have 4 of differing sizes and wish I had 4 of each!  dozens of g clamps and some very useful sash clamps but those are the 'go to' jobs.

The press is definitely 'getting there':D 

well today assembled it ready to take to an event here in England, currently it is about ready for use with only the wiring to the limit switches and the cover over them to dochoose files... Click to choose files

weight 66lb 30kg aprox

height 24" 60cm aprox

when I get back from this event I will make some tooling and try it out with the help of my minion

SAM_0192.JPG

SAM_0191.JPG

SAM_0196.JPG

SAM_0194.JPG

SAM_0195.JPG

SAM_0193.JPG