I Forge Iron

Stanley hatchet

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You could dip in a can of that rubber sealant we see advertised on TV. $19.95 + P&H / gal. can. But WAIT there's MORE, we'll double your order and you get a can of spray rubber and pressurized calking gun absolutely free just pay additional P&H! 

I've used the old timy rubber handle coating in a can available in a variety of colors. It worked pretty well but I haven't seen it in a long time. A couple decades ago a guy I worked with asked me if I could repair his Buck knife's broken handle. I just happened to have a can of fiber reinforced "Bondo". I used a casting resin black pigment, cast a filler for the broken parts and sanded it to original shape. It took a couple days of after work tinkering. When I gave it to him he said thanks and gave it to me.

Anyway, there are a zillion options for making a good working handle don't get stuck in a rut.

Oh, I was in the Home Depot a couple days ago and walked past the hammer section and low and behold there was an Eastwing, integral "Tactical Hawk." Is Nothing sacred?

Frosty The Lucky.