I Forge Iron

Riveted Cross

Kyle Cox

Hope all had a great weekend! Knocked out some riveted crosses for gifts this weekend! Ball peen finish! My first time ever trying to rivet! It's amazing the strength that single rivet has!

I got my first forge fired up with all the research and help from this forum! Thank you

hope you like! Open to criticism!! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Kyle very nice. I do a lot of rivet work in my pieces and think it adds a great touch that many people are not used to seeing when welds are more common. Not a criticism but the first cross feels like it is missing something. To me, I see the legs, body and arms of Christ on the cross but I wish I saw a small forged neck and head. It doesn't have to be detailed just a representation since without it I see a headless Christ.

Keep up the good work.

1 minute ago, DKForge said:

Not a criticism but the first cross feels like it is missing something. To me, I see the legs, body and arms of Christ on the cross but I wish I saw a small forged neck and head. It doesn't have to be detailed just a representation since without it I see a headless Christ.

I thought the same thing at 1st, but the rivet sort of forms a head. It would be better if the head of the rivet was larger and domed though to show up better.

Agree, it needs a head, otherwise I think that first one is awesome, may steal borrow that idea.  One other comment, you should scale down the rivet size for the hands and feet "nails" - I used a concrete duplex nail as a rivet on one I did (sorry, no photo), and it worked well, the scale was about right.