I Forge Iron

Traveling to S. Cal.

Hey gang: Deb has a last dog training class in S. California and I get to go along. We'll be in the LA area, Arr. Nov. 5th am. 5th-9th. in Burbank, 10th-12th. in Ontario and 13th-15th in Calimesa. Dept the 16th.

I'm hoping to hook up with some high school friends and have Deb's relatives to visit but will probably have free time to kill. I don't think I'll be renting a car it's been 43 years and a great white . . . birch attack since driving in S Cal.

Anywho, if anyone has the time I'd like to meet up with a blacksmith or two while down.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hay Frosty you gona need a wardroom change !! to Hawaiian shirt cut offs & flip flops :D

Opps forgot the umbrella in the beer can thing :P

youre use to black ice there not they just drive that way LOL !:rolleyes: 

remember LA is called civilization Zone you buy dinner @ the store LOL :huh: 

just had to LOL

PS -- you just mite want to bring a rain jacket Do to Elnino I here there getting are rain down there !

we will catch up with the rain later next year we always do !

& Make Darn sure you don't have any Fun:lol: & don't melt down on us either lol !Ive seen the Movie

Edited by IronWolf

Travelling to southern California!....... saw the title and thought you were starting a band!

Now, Deb has packed, it's off I go, going to see the sun and miss the snow, we take a the trip via Ontario..... You got the makings of an early 70's song there Frosty:D 

I have thin clothes and shorts so I'm good there but I need to pick up some extra heavy duty sun screen. It's been so long since I've spent more than a few minutes in the sun I'm pale blue under my shirt and halibut laugh at my legs they're so white.

Friends and in laws tell us it's getting pretty cold so we'd better bring jackets and sweaters. Seriously it's getting down into the 70s at night and only hitting the low 90s during the day!!!

I don't melt at those temperatures I render. I'm wondering if I can find a back pack air conditioner.

That's a good start Ian I didn't know you were a composer. We'd have to find someone willing to sing it though, my version of singing is more like Aversion singing.

Don't worry Neil I won't flush I understand you guys have plenty of that kind of fertility.  :rolleyes:

Frosty The Lucky.

Actually you can buy cooling units; one type is based on the Astronaut suits with tubing embedded in a a union suit type thing and a cooler pack pumping fluid, (very expensive!). The other uses something like a fishing vest where you have cold packs in all the pockets.  (I had a friend bemoaning that he was no longer able to go to camping at Pennsic, August in PA, as his neurological issues were made much worse by heat, so I researched the possibilities.  He used the fishing vest system and when everyone else was "rendering" he was cool and *happy* as it kept his core temp down and he could switch out cold packs easily as needed.)

I am getting REALLY sick of my posts and replies disappearing!! 4 tries and just gone!  :angry:  IPS is joining my lexicon of 4 letter and wash my mouth out with soap words!! It's getting to where I don't know why I bother to post.

If I get too hot I'll put some ice in baggies and tuck them into my T shirt. Gotta love NASA.

Back to my original question. Is there anybody or anything blacksmithing going on in the San Fernando Valley between 11/06 and 11/15?

Frosty The Lucky.