I Forge Iron

broken leg vise

Ethan Stone

Also take it apart and clean the cheeks of the pivot area and oil/grease them so it will open easier.  And yes I would have been happy to buy that at that price and I'm considered somewhat cheap

Cheap? i'd have thought youd have 10 of everything by now so it wouldnt be worth it. you saying that gives me hope. :) your not cheap, just experienced.

Just a note here.....On my last vice mount, I mounted it with the bracket upside down, But I bolted it  under the mounting plate. I used flat head plow bolts on top for a flush, flat shelf surface. It makes sweeping off scale and such a little nicer. Also you wouldn't have to look at that broken ear all the time.......               Dave

To much of my dad in me, i would fix the ear, especialy if I have a welder on the hook (well acualy I would weld it up my self, lol

I agree Charles, aside from the fact that I think it would be a sight to see my dad even screw in a light bulb. He never missed his screw drivers when we were little guys digging in the dirt with em. Wish I could have learned more from my grandfathers. 

• 3 weeks later...