I Forge Iron

Beautiful work, and welcome to the site. I have been looking  at the pictures in the gallery, I'm glad to see that your posting them in the forums. Great to get rapport going!

I love the UAE and have done loads of work there.

Edited by ianinsa

Thank you ianinsa !! Nice to know you worked in the UAE! would like to see your work:lol: and Thank you Crantius!!... It is sand casted. I carved four blocks of sand mold into different patterns then put it together and poured in the metal...

Hi Asma, if you know the One and Only Royal Mirage Hotel, a few 'doors' down from the Burj Al Arab on Jumera beach the Arabian court if full of my work, wrought iron as well as wrought Aluminum furniture.( If you just Google pictures , royal mirage Arabian court ) Fortunately for me my wife was the interior designer on this project.

I've also done work in Shaik Hamdan Bin Zaed's Al Batten's Palace , Al Nakeel, Abu Dhabi wrought iron as well as the copper roofs there, access can be tricky here and don't even think on snapping a few pictures here:D I recon the absence of a sense of humor is a job requirement for the palace guards.   

royal mirage chair.pngTypically some chairs 'doodled' at the dinning room table:):):):)  

Edited by ianinsa

Beautiful work Asma, you DO have the gift. I really like the "Star Saw" it put a smile on my old face.

I am so happy you're posting pictures of you work on the forum, they're a nicer size and the white background makes them easier to see. And believe me yours are well worth seeing.

Thank you for the look.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank You all so much!!.. Feels great to receive such positive comments :lol:!! Glad I found this website!

BigGunDoctor: Thank you for your positive feedback!!:lol: I did all my work in the college, but now I am trying to get my own tools and maybe even make some of my own that will help me in producing more work and try different methods.

Ianisa: That is a really lovely set, Amazing! It's  Great that you have work displayed in the U.A.E!!! Thank you for sharing your work with us!! :lol:

Frosty: I am glad to hear that you liked it and receive such delightful comments from you!! :lol: I thought that the white background would make it easier for the viewer to focus on the sculpture... which was what I was aiming for...

ausfire: Thank you so much!! Glad you liked the saw sculpture!!:lol:

With smithing you end up making a lot of the tools you use. Making a forge, or even an anvil is not out of the realm of possibilities. Once you have an idea of what type of items you want to start forging, that will lead you to the types of tools you will need to accomplish them.  

I like seeing younger people , especially women getting into this field.  I think they bring a new esthetic to an old craft, which in turn helps to further it along.