I Forge Iron

What my old fisher anvil is worth?

Hello everyone,

Wondering what my old fisher anvil is worth. I believe it is on a factory stand and markings indicate that it is 141#. Also what are your thoughts on the chips on the edge of the face? Are they bad or normal in your opinion? I have not used it in a while but intend to as I sold my other one. Leave chips alone or attempt repair? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry forgot to rotate the photos.....

I would say use it as is.

Value depends on location. I still pick up anvils for around $1 a pound in my area-during lunch Friday I bought a 96# HB for $100 , others are paying $7 a pound in anvil poor areas. Average is around $3.

Joshua , NJanvilman on here owns the Fisher Norris museum, he would be the best resource for any info on your anvil. 

I like my Fisher because it is quiet. Mine is a 260# made in 1907.

Sorry, your stand is not factory made.  It still is a nice iron base, just not Fisher made.

Do not do any "repairs" to the anvil.  Just use it.  The chips are minimal and easily worked around.

What's it worth?  How much money would it take for you to part with it....that is what it is worth.