I Forge Iron

AK Meeting Oct 17, 2015

• 1 month later...

I believe we talked on the phone a couple days ago. Yes?

Welcome aboard Gonzo, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

Whew! :o That was close I almost forgot my customary welcome. I'd never live it down if I let an Alaskan get off without the location thing. :rolleyes:

Do you have my email address? Shoot me a line and I'll get you hooked up with the gang email connection.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New on the board.  I live close to the Tastee Freeze on the four corners (is there another open tastee freeze within 2000 miles?).  I would be interested in coming to the meeting next week and learning a little about blacksmithing.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. I think there's a Tasteefreeze on the Kenai and one in the interior but no guarantee.

If you have any kit please feel free to bring it. We're adjusting our demos to basics, we have a number of new folk.

Frosty The Lucky.

Things usually start moving around 9:00-9:30am. We usually do club business after lunch.

I'm bringing the basic tools to make a T burner though it's not a burner clinic. I recently posted illustrated directions here and on the club email list. I'll run through it at Jims so guys can what's the tricky parts and how easy it really is.

Frosty The Lucky.

If anyone there can do video and post it of your demo I'm sure many would appreciate it. If not this time, maybe next time.

Maybe we'll get someone to video the demo someday. I don't think anyone was shooting vids at all last Saturday. As disorganized as I was it wouldn't have been a very useful T burner making video, it came down to mostly basic metal shop craft Re. drill presses and precise placement.

It was a good meeting though, 18 or more attending. We got a couple new members and a number of prospects.

Several took their first lash at hot steel and hammers. Once the demos were over every anvil had folk making leaves with a more experienced member walking them through.

Jim's wife made a big pot of her scrumptious chili and corn bread. I think word's getting out about her chili and upping our attendance.

Frosty The Lucky.

If anyone there can do video and post it of your demo I'm sure many would appreciate it. If not this time, maybe next time.

Maybe we'll get someone to video the demo someday. I don't think anyone was shooting vids at all last Saturday. As disorganized as I was it wouldn't have been a very useful T burner making video, it came down to mostly basic metal shop craft Re. drill presses and precise placement.

It was a good meeting though, 18 or more attending. We got a couple new members and a number of prospects.

Several took their first lash at hot steel and hammers. Once the demos were over every anvil had folk making leaves with a more experienced member walking them through.

Jim's wife made a big pot of her scrumptious chili and corn bread. I think word's getting out about her chili and upping our attendance.

Frosty The Lucky.