I Forge Iron

Hammer number 2

JShock

The profile is quite nice, good radius on the pein. It's pretty darned hard to punch the eye straight isn't it? That's not an unworkable tilt, you'll just have to be careful not to let the blows toe, no big deal.

I do suggest you hit it with a brush when you take it out of the fire and it won't drive so much scale into the piece. A lot of folk place a high value on pretty and it's only a matter of a little prevention to make pretty. <grin>

Most importantly, how does it work?

Frosty The Lucky.

I like it. Hits straight. The picture makes it seem like its leans forward, but in person its does look the same. It is SOOO hard getting the hole straight. Of course its the most important part. Practice makes perfect. 

Hush now! Your going to give the youngster a swolen head!

​I'll be happy if he doesn't give himself a swollen finger with it.

How about Midge for a name? I named my 50lb. Little Giant "Bobbie". That was my Mother's nick name though she liked Babs better but I don't recall anyone calling her that. I could never picture Mother as a Babs.

Anyway, I have Bobbie the power hammer. It sure beats Mjolnir, WAY too many power hammers named Mjolnir it's sort of like naming a Newfoundland or Great Pyrenees "Bear." Seems every third one your meet is named Bear.

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty

We started the punched the eye with a 4140 hot cut that a friend had in his shop that he uses to cut his damascus bars with. It was small but had the right width for our drift. Then we just pounded out our eye with the drift. I need to actually make tools just to make hammers it seems. This and my other were kind of fly by night. We had most of the tools in some form or another between 3 people. I would like to make a set that is uniform to each other. Less guess work more practice.