I Forge Iron

My wife in the hospital

Ferrous Beuler

This morning my wife had a surgery at Noyes hospital in Dansville N.Y. She will be in there for several days before I can bring her home. All went well her surgeon tells me and she is in her own room now and will sleep for likely all day and night. No complications and I trust in my faith it will remain that way. She is one hurtin' unit right now and could just barely open her eyes for a moment when they let me see her. I sure do wish I could have taken it all for her but these are her steps to walk in so all I can do is pray for her and be there with her later tonight and for the next few days until she can come home. Then two months or so of downtime. How in the world I am going to get her to comply with that is beyond me (she is a redhead 20 year nurse)

Folks in the medical field make the worst patients they say.

My prayers for her and for you. Try to tell her that you need to "mother her" a while to make up for the scare she gave you. Get some books on tape/CD so she has something to listen to while taking it easy. I have found that some large popular books are actually readable for me when I'm on schedule 3 painkillers. Couldn't stand them before or since...

Thank you all very much Gentlemen, very much appreciated. Brought her home a little earlier tonight, a bit soon for my liking but her doctors took into account her profession and her general well being after the surgery. She is doing remarkably well and knowing how stubborn she is, she will be fine in no time. Thanks! :)Dan