I Forge Iron

Finally bought an anvil and built a forge

You'll need fire tools to make your tongs, they'll require a little more fire management especially for the riveting. Now build a fire and let the addiction have it's head. <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.

You'll need fire tools to make your tongs, they'll require a little more fire management especially for the riveting. Now build a fire and let the addiction have it's head. <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.

looks like a great start.............welcome to the addiction !!! 

I have gotten addicted because of my buddy. He's a bladesmith he taught me how to make a RR Spike knife and I was hooked. I like the knife making thing but I want to do more then make knives. I enjoy the peacefulness of hammering on metal. I also enjoy the flowing lines you get when material is scrolled and twisted. I enjoy the smell of the forge. It makes me happy being around it.

There you go. The temporary fire tools I made have lasted a good 15 years now, the nice one I made as a replacement is in the living room by the wood stove.

Remember to make the wife something just for her, she'll love it. Loving anything we make them is part of the deal. <wink>

Frosty The Lucky.

I enjoy the peacefulness of hammering on metal. I also enjoy the flowing lines you get when material is scrolled and twisted. I enjoy the smell of the forge. It makes me happy being around it.

Well, that's pretty much why we are all here. If it ceases to make you happy you may as well give it away. Welcome... and happy forging!

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI

Check out the Balcones Forge group;  www.balconesforge.org    They are a bunch of men and women, yes WOMEN, that get together and share their knowledge of blacksmithing. check thier web site to find the next meeting date and GO!!! you will not regret it. You might even contact one of the members for some private lessons, sure shortens the learning curve.  I had a young man for north S.A. to come up to my shop/studio for a 1-on-1 class back in Jan, he now is hooked up with the Balcones bunch.  Have fun and again, WELCOME!!!

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI

Check out the Balcones Forge group;  www.balconesforge.org    They are a bunch of men and women, yes WOMEN, that get together and share their knowledge of blacksmithing. check thier web site to find the next meeting date and GO!!! you will not regret it. You might even contact one of the members for some private lessons, sure shortens the learning curve.  I had a young man for north S.A. to come up to my shop/studio for a 1-on-1 class back in Jan, he now is hooked up with the Balcones bunch.  Have fun and again, WELCOME!!!

I actually already checked out their site. I'm already an ABANA member too. I'll have to try and make a trip up to Balcones Forge.