I Forge Iron

Glass insulator holder

JimsShip

I had a box of old glass insulators (These were used to hold the wires on top of telephone poles way back when for those who don't know) and I came up with this idea this weekend.
I thought I could use them as tealights (I'd put some pebbles or sand to safely raise the flame height) or small plant or herb holders.

It's a simple project, and it's not be perfectly symetrical (A real problem for me and my OCD to get over!) but I think I like the final result.

This one is screw mounted, but I think I may make some others with a drive hook for posts or trees, or maybe a table stand for the larger ones.

I also made my first cross!
Again, it's not perfect, but at least I didn't rework it into the scrap bin! (See? I'm making progress!) :)

post-22216-0-39005400-1396280316_thumb.j

post-22216-0-08581100-1396280326_thumb.j

post-22216-0-50668800-1396280668_thumb.j

Very nice Jim, well done. I love making Fredric's crosses opening them up is like magic and the audience loves it.

Melting a colored marble in the center adds a nice touch. Molten glass's stick to every darned thingness is a real PITA though, so modify a SS spoon as a clip on backer and it's a LOT easier.

Frosty The Lucky.