I Forge Iron

Laurel Machine and Foundry fire pots???

SJS

Has anyone purchased a fire pot from Laurel since the new website came up?  They used to list the fire pots on the old website, as one of their products for blacksmiths but the new website is all fancy and business oriented, and I wasn't ready to cough up the cash, was looking to see what they cost again to see when I might be able to afford one anytime soon....  I ALWAYS heard great revues of them, and would rather make a more permanent purchase...

I got one within the last 1 1/2 years, but I can't remember what I paid. I think it was in the $170- 180 ballpark. Included was the pot, clinker breaker and a mounting flange. Apparently they don't really push them on their site, but there is one dude there who knows wazzup. I just called and was put thru to the guy, who was a great help, and set me up. When I got mine, they didn't have the tuyre assembly in stock, so I just fabbed it up, put it together, dropped it in place and fired it up. Very happy with their product.

Worth saving your pennies for.

Steve

• 3 months later...

Seems their web site is following the trend to be a social media site rather than something I find useful. I tried several links and the only way I could maybe find a product list was to subscribe to their opt-in advertising "service". I just wanted a look at the firepots and price list, not "valuable offers" several times a day.

Were I in the market I'd pick up the phone and talk to a live human or shop elsewhere. I've never heard anything but good about their fire pots. Too bad I can't look a one without working so hard.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 years later...