I Forge Iron

pot rack

Greetings Kyler,

I have made several ..   Some questions you should have answers for before you begin...   Wall mount ?  ceiling mount ?  how many pots and how big ?  Pot racks are heavy and a consideration of 16in on center mounting to studs should be taken into consideration..   Lots and lots of design factors.. You should take pictures of where it is going to be installed and the pot requirements ...   As long as is not for medical purposes as Smooth Bore stated..

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

Looks like a nice rack some one built. If that person is actually getting 3500 he must be living nice and easy.

If you would like any tips or assistance your welcome to swing by my shop some time. It is always nice to have folks in the area that are excited about quality metalworking.

Mackenzie

I hope those hooks have one side of their eyes open so the user can adjust the location of the long ones to suit themselves.

Besides making things of hand forged stainless I also suggest making things easily demountable for a thorough cleaning every now and then as greese tends to build up on things in the kitchen...

I've made a couple, just small wall mounted ones to sell at market stall. Being able to slide the hooks along the rack and/or lift them off is a plus. Flat bar for the rack is good at stopping the hook from swinging about when weight is put on it.

post-26685-0-92538600-1391236423_thumb.j

I've made a couple, just small wall mounted ones to sell at market stall. Being able to slide the hooks along the rack and/or lift them off is a plus. Flat bar for the rack is good at stopping the hook from swinging about when weight is put on it.

attachicon.gif1454734_232913126877474_2007630297_n.jpg

You may want to consider hooked end that fits over the flat bar to be switched to rear of hook so you can mount hooks onto the bar from the front, gives a little more clearance from hook to wall, and is usually easier to position than from rear of bar, plus other benefits

You may also want to consider tapping the hook ends slightly forward to make it easier to put dangly things on

What finish has it got on?