I Forge Iron

Observation

Steve Sells

I was surfing the net a few days ago, and found a smithing site that was very happy about being number one on a blacksmith web ring.   I agree that is cool.   A few of the members there wondered how they can be at the top of that list so often when some other sites are bigger.  One mentoned this site, I Forge Iron; as having 28,000 members and they have only around 3,000.  Many had guesses, including one that had decided it was becasue they get 100 visits a day. 

While the amount of site visitors do count toward the web ring ranking.  None of them were paying attention or they would have noticed that at any given time we have 150 to 300 people connected online here.  Or the most obvious reason IFI is never first on that top 50 list...  (This is the real funny thing about it...)   ya see IForgeIron is not apart of that web ring, so we are not placed in its ranking because we never joined. 

No matter.  They can think as they wish, why bother with facts.  I just think its funny when people make assumtions and didnt bother to research a few facts.

If you lived on a ranch 100 miles from your neighbor, no newspaper, no TV, you might think that everyday the world is in good order, at least in your world, until you journey outward. Then, you might question if you are number one, and want to return to the ranch where you are the king and the world is at peace again. You can forge your own reality.    

It isnt hurting anyone.  Just found it amusing. 

But as you point out, its a lot like the people that have solid regular jobs, they also have no clue how hard it is trying to find a job in the economy lately.  Many of them think people can just go out and get another one, due to their own isolation from the rest of the world.

IForgeIron chose NOT to be involved with these lists as it was so easy to skew the numbers. There are ways to get the true numbers through independent third parties, but those numbers do not indicate, or translate to useful blacksmithing information.

Bottom line:

You are reading this because you came to IForgeIron to get information on blacksmithing and metalworking.

If you like the site, please enjoy your stay. We try to have something new each time you visit. 

somebody once said, if you massage the numbers enough, you can get them to scream anything you want. there are some good things on other sites, but fact is, this is the first one I think about, and the first one I speak about, and the fisrt one I tell anybody about.