I Forge Iron

What did you do today?

Sounds like everyone started off the year good. Lots of organizing and some smaller projects. I need to pick up some coal before too long, but I'm trying to forge with what I have left. Made a bottle opener from a wrench the other day. Like everyone else, the weather has been going back and forth. Tuesday is suppose to be real cold for North Carolina.

Well I managed to find a  bit of time and finished up my tongs.  Not quite happy with them  but they will be better than nothing.  Mostly a few problems with the  riveting.  Either things twisting and bending where I didn't want or the rivet bending over as I peened it.  Things got better towards the end.   Just have to get out and make a few more 

post-15973-0-94203300-1388976041_thumb.j

No pictures yet, but...

I did manage to get a bottle opener finished to satisfaction.  Put a nice square taper on some 1.125" shafting that will become a hot-cut hardy.  Bent some 1x.25 stock to make a stem for my Godzilla fullering extravaganza machine.

Tomorrow.... gotta get some stock to finish making the GFEM.  Then I gotta finalize the design for the GFEM.  Then I'll probably drill a couple of holes.....