I Forge Iron

Screwdriver

Davor

This was excellent practice, I made it from a coiled spring 12 mm thick (just under half an inch). So I had to do some straightening, some upsetting on the handle part, tapering it, upsetting on the other side and flattening it out. All the basic operations. Not much to look at but I do have some ideas for another screwdriver.

Also while I was waiting for it to heat I hammered some small hooks from old broken screws.

post-47169-0-36316900-1384683309_thumb.j

post-47169-0-11009000-1384683313_thumb.j

post-47169-0-33400700-1384683580_thumb.j

post-47169-0-49574000-1384683583_thumb.j

Nothing like using tools that you made yourself and that's a nice one. The only knives I ever use are the ones I made. Not only for the sense of satisfaction but because I know they're sharpest and hold an edge better than store bought.

Good look like quality screwdriver.Not like in these days screwdrrivers. With these day  fi try to unscrew thread.I will a and up with mesing head of crew or screwdriver will get dull form trying and trying to unscrew thread.Old people use to said if screw is rusty and can't be unscrewd use hammer and it somekind get loose i dont know is this true.

• 2 weeks later...