I Forge Iron

Blacksmith in the news

Very interesting, I had never seen photos of the original troll.  There is however a neat article in the October issue of the CBA magazine covering the construction and installation of the new troll :) maybe one of the officers from northern California that frequent these boards can share a link or a copy with us here for the non-members in the house?

Here's a compressed pdf of the CBA article.I checked with the author and mag publisher before posting.

Michael Bondi, who was involved in making the original troll had some FB comments about the credit for making the new troll .

-8:48pm Oct 21- Ok I want this straight the troll was made by all the guys working in my shop
, as a collaborative piece, I invited Freddy to participate because I knew he
could add something special too . My shop guys where Felipe,Alfonso,Socrates and Humberto
I was contacted about making it the Monday before the bridge opened by the
one of the same guys who where there when I suggested making the last one.i
was leaving at noon that Monday for italy . We sealed the deal and did early
drawings by email from the airport. And I got Joe Koches to get Freddy to my
shop. The rest is history-

Rode out along the bridge bikepath last weekend (22 miles round trip from home) looking for the new troll, who is supposedly visible from the path. Didn't see it but maybe next time.

CBANOV-DEC13 troll story.pdf