I Forge Iron

New work

Stephen Olivo

Well I was working on stuff lately and realized I don't share much of what I do on the forums I contribute to/am on.  I thought some of this might be interesting to people.  I just got done with putting a bunch of photos with descriptions up in my gallery on deviant art so let me know what you think. http://ipneto.deviantart.com/gallery/

You've got some spectacular bits there!  I particularly like the decorative aspect of the copper vise-jaw protectors.... and those rotating/tilting jaw adapters are dang near brilliant.

Lots of stuff for me to look through, and definitely an inspiration.  You've done good work!

That's quite the body of work! The quiche is my favorite color done too! What do you put in yours?

It makes me wonder how many blacksmiths are into cooking? both require careful heat management but the connection must go deeper than that and liking to eat of course.

Frosty The Lucky.

That's quite the body of work! The quiche is my favorite color done too! What do you put in yours?

It makes me wonder how many blacksmiths are into cooking? both require careful heat management but the connection must go deeper than that and liking to eat of course.

Frosty The Lucky.

-raises hand-
I think it also has to do with the transformation of raw ingredients into finished product. Creativity also.

I enjoy cooking as well :) (not to participate in a thread hijacking :P) I like developing flavors and combinations in small plates and particularly beef jerky :D

excellent work as well Stephen, ill need some copper jaws as well, i doubt they will be as nice as yours, but i think i will incorporate parts that wrap around so it fits snugly and wont fall off.

i like your flavor of centerfinder as well, that makes it look so much more do-able :) provided i can scribe and drill holes that are centered to begin with!

Thanks every body.  Glade all of you enjoyed seeing my work. :D 

Frosty.  What can I say I am a pyro :D  among other things :D  The quiche depends on what I am in the mood for but usually milk, eggs, a mixture of cheeses (swiss, sharp cheddar and whatever was around), broccoli, bacon, Onions (green, yellow, white), fresh chives from my back yard, .... spices as desired.  The crust is flour, rendered bacon fat, tablespoon or so of water.  But one of my favorite things to make is fresh noodles.  eggs and flour.  Mix to a dough, let sit for an hour, then cut into small pieces and using 1 inch diameter wood rod (mines from an old broom with finish removed) roll out flat sheets you can see light through, flour, fold, cut, fluff extra flour off and drop in boiled water mmmm tasty.  Now that my migraine is better in control I am going to make them tomorrow with a nice home made pasta sauce and breaded chicken... MMMM Thanks for making me think of food.  To bad I just ate...:(

Chinobi.  I have been meaning to make beef jerky for a while now.  Just haven't found my way round to it. :D Well the beauty of center finders are that the holes don't have to be perfect.  Easier to do with a divider to check distances.  But you use the center finder once then turn it around and use it again.  If your holes aren't perfect or the cone is a little off to one side on your scribe its ok because you then have two very close lines that you just center punch between. :D