I Forge Iron

Rounding Hammer

Harris Snyder

Countryforge and I forged this rounding hammer. It's not the cleanest rounding hammer I've seen, but it was my first time striking and my accuracy was miserable. I like the look of it anyways :} . Overall I'm really happy with it, I absolutely love forging with the round face. The location of the eye punch hole and the way the handle was sanded make the hammer slightly heavier on the rounded side, which I like cause I'm a fan of the weight forward style of hammers, and I use the rounding face on this hammer more than the flat one.

post-38162-0-85868000-1377981192_thumb.j

post-38162-0-98535000-1377981241_thumb.j

I tend to put function before looks where tools are concerned so if it works the way you like you're golden. Nothing wrong with the looks either. Few things are as satisfying as using a tool you made with your own hand.

All in all well done Harris.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks frosty ;)

Yeah I dunno what it is exactly that I like so much about it, I think it might be the 1045 or the heat treatment... I have another hammer that was made by glen stollmeyer of GS tongs, also 1045. Just love the way the impact feels compared to the store bought hammers I have which feel almost too hard. I like it to feel like a thump not a "ding" if that makes sense.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yah Dan C i was meaning EBay for some reason at the time i was thinkn that i read somewhere on here that u couldnt actually use the name of another company,something to do with advertisement or maybe i just come with that crazy idea on my own lol...anyway glad u found it i have one that Chase Saxton and Dave Custer i believe forged together it is definetly a real nice hammer and for sure moves metal nicely I have noticed that Dave has had his hammers for sale on there regularly here lately so anybody lookn for one keep an eye out on there