I Forge Iron

Should I buy this vise...???

Faber

hard to see how the condition is, especially the jaw part.

Does seem a bit rich though, have you seen others around?

I had to wait 4 months before i got mine, but I got it for $50 and it looked about the same as that one.

As said, drop him an offer then walk, I usually also look at random part of it making grunting sounds, scratching at random parts and kinda pointing at parts of it, before you give him the offer..... Dont know why but it just seems to help lol

Ask the seller for better pics so you can make a better judgement on the quality.  It sounds pricey to me as I can buy them all day long around here for less.  Not much less, but still less.

If leg vises are scarce in your parts, it might be worth it.  Looks like everything is there, so the only real worry is the screw quality.

Is that thing a cameleon?  I have never seen a vise blend it to the ground so well. Haha terrible photo the person took. If you look at it make sure to take the screw and box apart and look at the screw AND inside the screw box. I have seen many vices where the screw is in great shape, but the cast iron screw box is almost worn out. The threads on the screw and inside the screw box should be square, not a sharp point.

In the US a five inch vice can normally be had for around 100 if you look around.

If it all looks good offer him 100 cash, if he wants more tell him that is all you have and maybe you will call back in a few months

• 2 weeks later...