I Forge Iron

Super silly

Momatt

Kind of embarrassed, I told my nephew I'd like to make him a knife, and that he could send me a sketch and I'd build it for him to commemorate him finishing his airman basic. He sends me this.....going to be silly, almost a short sword.

post-29794-0-02706500-1367377276_thumb.j

post-29794-0-94299000-1367377306_thumb.j

post-29794-0-58334200-1367377335_thumb.j

The Rabbit Killer? Do they have big scary rabbits where he is? Maybe a father figure kind of guy should have a sit down talk about how a fellow does NOT want the rabbit to die unless he's married to the gal? <grin>

Frosty the Lucky

love that you said draw it, i'll make it! very positive experience for your nephew :) something i am learning personally, the drawing and the making can be a chasm apart! yours is a great version of what he drew :)

I think it's really cool that u did it. I made a machete for a friends son. I let him do a little of the work. He thought twice before saying" it can't be that hard" again. I made it out of some 5160 coil springs that he got nice and sweaty hammering flat.