I Forge Iron

As of 6:50 pm Monday April 15 *all* of my working anvils are "enstumped".   All 10 of them!

After noticing that I have some short students from time to time I figured out that I had enough old oak board pieces to build a stump to "traditional" height, too low for my usage but better for the vertically challenged.  (I already have an extra tall stump stump for the vertically gifted)

So I laid a piece of I beam on it's side on the floor and placed vertically 7 pieces of oak cut to 20" and one on each end cut to 22" and clamped them with pipe clamps and drilled for two 5/8" bolts (prior to my scrapyard purchase they had been used to hold guardrail on thick wooden uprights).  Drove the bolts in and snugged them down.  Moved the 165# Peter Wright to it and now ALL the anvils are usable!

I may get a job offer tomorrow  that will require me to move away from my shop and live in an apartment during the weeks and commute home on weekends...  (and yes the shop is locked, the neighbors raise rotweilers and my wife has the 12 guage....and we are surrounded by thousands of sq miles of desert for disposal purposes...)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH