I Forge Iron

steel round head rivets

Thanks guys. I am not sure what I will do at this point. the blacksmith bolt is considerably more per rivet, when ordering per 1000. And I don't know how many are in a pound which is the Pieh tool mesure to sell by. I may go with Pieh I used to buy a lot of stuff from her father and that seemed to work out pretty well. Thanks again. Mark

Blacksmith bolt probably buys from JC, like my local fastener place does and has to mark them up. They're buying them at close to what you pay for them. Maybe not even bringing them in until you make the order. 

Bulk up. Hardware has certainly gotten harder to find the last 5 years and it's not getting any cheaper.....even in Alaska.  ;)

Centar forge has 1/4 and 3/16 rivets and do ship via USPS. Not sure if their prices are better or worse than the previously mentioned suppliers. They do sell by the pound but it gives an approx number of rivets per poung for a given size/length.

Let us know how your quest goes.

Mark

Question. I personally don't care if you buy your rivets ready made. It makes sense to me as they are a huge frustration to make. However, what I don't understand is why nobody hasn't flammed you for it.....yet. When I see somebody asking about the purchase of any store-bought/ready made blacksmithing items tools/trinkets etc., it turns ugly.

The common response is: "You are a blacksmith. Why on Earth would you buy anything?"

I thought that I posted that I ordered 25# from RJ LEAYY, but I don't see my post. Maybe I forgot to post after I typed it or something. Anyhow for those intersted good price, and they will ship in flat rate boxes.
S Reynolds I do not know why someone did not feel the need to take a shot at me. These are small 3/16 x 1/2 rivets. I need a lot of them and it does not make econmical sence to make my own. I make my hinge pins and am pretty set up to make specialty rivets if that is what I need. I personally know of no one who would need say 1000 of these who is trying to make a living who would be hand making there own.