I Forge Iron

pisces trivet

matei campan

matei i really enjoyed that one - it is full of good character the way you have worked it. youve had a really light but visually strong touch - the area of the face is great it reminds me of little elbows and arms the soft way the corners have. really lovely :)

thank you.

the hardest thing was the design, getting the inspiration for it. it took me some time to find the idea, then to refine it. the design took me many times  the time necessary to actually make it, which was relaxation. and the worst thing was that the deadline was approaching and the design was nowhere yet, but the approaching deadlines have sometimes the magic the magic power to spark the inspiration.

@yesteryearforge - the feet are very hard to see in the picture (you rather see the shadows of them), as they are just like little turn wooden eggs, fixed on the trivet by little "shafts" welded to it. I conceived it either as a trivet and as a wall hanging piece of art. 

I would like to say something original. Icant find anything, all originality being in your design.

And if I read you well, time spent on design is also time spent forging.

Thank you for the idea. It is original, elegant, simple, simply beutiful.

• 4 weeks later...