I Forge Iron

Show me your big-kid toys!

HandsomeRyan

Just like the title says- show me your toys (metal working or otherwise).

I'll start. This is my latest toy/project. It is a 1952 Simplicity Model W walk behind tractor that I pulled out of the woods from behind a guys barn and completely rebuilt to bring it back to life. It has a fully cast iron B&S model 19 engine on it that puts out about 7.25hp. It has a 3-speed + reverse transmission

I have a moldboard plow, cultivators, and a cordwood saw for it but the attachment I'm most proud of is the franken-blower I made for it. The blower auger is an unknown riding mower auger that I picked up this spring at an auction for $5 and then I modified the drive shaft parts and welded a mount for it. I'm still working out the clutch mechanism to engage the auger but (as you can see in the video below) I'm making progress. The thing is mean looking, mean sounding, and if we get some snow this year I hope to be able to not just clear the driveway in record time.

After using the thing I can understand why walk behind tractors fell out of fashion around the 1950's but it is a really cool thing to play with.

Here are some pics and video:

Franken-blower. Still needs a little work to be complete but we're getting there.
photobucket-9127-1352929542275.jpg

Moldboard plow in the garden: [why yes, I am that bald]
photobucket-26635-1346687597234.jpg

Cordwood saw:
photobucket-18330-1338060917990.jpg

And if you are having trouble imagining how the cordwood saw works, here is a picture from the promotional literature:

The 50's were apparently AWESOME!
2008-5-7_SimplicitySawWeb-Large.jpg

Franken-blower video:

Plowing video:

1986 3-wheeler, gets used nearly every day.

OMG ITS BLUE I WANT IT... got a 84 110 myself.. GREAT machine.. had it not been for a cheap carb mine would've still been runnin'..(choke screw backed out and got sucked into the intake holding the valve open.)

• 2 weeks later...

Well....What can you bring to the table CD? Come on....... show us a toy, there are no BATF members here....... :unsure:

My apprentice showed up with this monster so he's in..(and I thought I was nuts)...An AK 47 12 ga w/a 9 round magazine, goose season is on too.... B)

post-15096-0-33198900-1355028235_thumb.j

Control line airplanes?

Super Ringmaster I just repaired and re-covered, was a Craigslist deal.  My daughter thinks it is hers though.  I still need an engine for it.

I fly 049's between my house and my neighbors house.  I keep trying to get him to fly control line, and he is succeeding is getting me to fly RC.

Phil

post-9443-0-48386100-1355029502_thumb.jp

Most of you have seen my big metal working toys...   So here is a couple of my other big boy toys...

A Military M35A3 project.... I took an axle out and shortened it 3 and a half feet and am building a flat bed..  Next is a mount for the 18K warn winch...

Then I also put a sidecar on my skooter last summer

8248969618_827eb9043f.jpg

8247898813_90496caf01.jpg

8247897747_f88de3ce80.jpg

The bike is a 2009 Kawasaki Versys 650 and no I didnt build the side car....   the rig is built by Dauntless Motors or DMC which is the largest sidecar manufacture in the states and just happens to be right up the road from me.   I let them use one of my machines once in a while to roll tubing and know the owner quite well and he had offered many times to sell me a rig cheap if I ever made my mind up on what I wanted...  So last winter/spring I made the deal for this,  only put a 1000 miles on it this summer but enjoyed every minute of it...  My dog Sadie goes with me everyplace and everybody smiles when they see her in the hack...    Its good for my attitude to ride it when the weather is good (which is not often enough in Seattle)