I Forge Iron

o boys i got 2 new blowers !

Pug}{maN

whell as you all know my Canedy Otto is giveing me problems so i was at a sale and picked up these 2 for 40 bucks ! ones a 500 and the other one i dont know but its little ! they work grate , any one have a idea how to mount the little one to a pipe ?

blacksmith001-1.jpg
blacksmith002-1.jpg

blacksmith003-1.jpg
blacksmith004-1.jpg
blacksmith005-1.jpg
blacksmith006.jpg

I don't know if this will work for you, but I made up some tabs and bolted them to my blower and then welded them to a pipe on a stand. Granted I am no welder, but it looks like it will work for now. Might make a few tabs for the front of the blower too. I also ground out the pipe so it would cradle the blowers curve.

C_O_Blower.jpg

The yellow one is a Cold War relic, made for ventilation in a fall-out shelter. That is why it has a hose flange on the air inlet side. They still turn up occasionally. and have virtually no wear. Maybe worth more to a collector as-is, but I would either paint it black, or leave it as a conversation starter.

The other sheet metal one is probably a 6" fan unit from a little rivet forge, although I have seen larger 9" models. I made a table top stand out of angle iron for my tiny demo set-up, and just use longer bolts thru the flanges to hold it together.

You have it easy. I had to make this mount for a free Buffalo 501 which I was given. That took sometime. I wish it would have had a flange to bolt to. I had to construct the "flange" to have somethign to fasten the pedistal to, and had to make that too.

Deals are out there, but it seems there is much labor involved to make up for little or no cash outlay.

post-21170-0-03708100-1342031523_thumb.j

post-21170-0-37997500-1342031568_thumb.j

The little one uses a compression sleve to mount it to the tuyer of the riviters forge. One end of the air pipe is one part of the clamp that is what the little ring is a round the outlet hole it fits into an indent in the clamp part of the tuyer pipe.

Pugman, if the yellow one puts out the air, use it. The amount of oomph in the fire is determined by the amount of oomph in the guy cranking on the blower. If the yellow blower isn't geared "right" you might have to turn the handle a bit faster to get a hot fire burning, but that's small potatoes!

I would try to use the buffalo, I have one like your yellow one and it is a bit of a hassle to make sure you are turning the crank in the proper direction. The style like your buffalo does not matter which way it turns.
Nice score by the way.

By all means, if it works, use it! Repaint it if you need it and it fits your style better that way. I was just giving you a heads up that it *may* be worth more on flea-bay, and you *might* be able to take the profit and invest in better tools.

What I hate is tools going to waste. I once saw a leaky museum shed stacked to the ceiling with bellows, rotting away. The horror....