I Forge Iron

El Cruncho

macbruce

‎99 Silverado 0..........8 ton tractor, well it won hands down with maybe a scratch or two........... Went to pass the monster and it turned left in front of me without signaling........... While I was bippin' along about 50 and KABLOOEY!........At least that's my version. The cop gave me the ticket, farmers in Weld co Colorado are beyond reproach..........I'm aok...... B)

post-15096-0-01301600-1337801014_thumb.j

Glad you're ok. Last accident I had a fellow turned left across my path as I was going straight. But at least he owned up to it and to the cops too. After they hauled off my PU as totaled he gave me a ride to work---after we pried the fender off his tire. His insurance company very nicely paid full used price for my old pu.

I live in a rural area too and sometimes have the full 2 miles of road trailing behind behind a hay baler---double yellow line all the way.

That just sucks, outside of the happy fact you weren't hurt of course. That rig just ran up your right side and made a thorough mess of your rig. Of course it didn't damage the truck, all you got was tire but that's plenty. It's pretty much policy, whoever's passing is at fault, same as here.

Frosty The Lucky.

That just sucks, outside of the happy fact you weren't hurt of course. That rig just ran up your right side and made a thorough mess of your rig. Of course it didn't damage the truck, all you got was tire but that's plenty. It's pretty much policy, whoever's passing is at fault, same as here.

Frosty The Lucky.

The tires on that tractor were at least 5' high mounted to a 4'' shaft, I think my rig took a little JD yellow off the rim and that's about it. The JD lumbered off with the wheels spinning true. I asked the cop if there was a default reason he ticketed me and said something vauge about the other guy was turning into a private drive so he was cool but your explanation makes more sense........No whitnesses..... :( .....I had been planing to cancel my collision Ins to save a few bucks...... Man am I glad I didn't.... :)

The tires on that tractor were at least 5' high mounted to a 4'' shaft, I think my rig took a little JD yellow off the rim and that's about it. The JD lumbered off with the wheels spinning true. I asked the cop if there was a default reason he ticketed me and said something vauge about the other guy was turning into a private drive so he was cool but your explanation makes more sense........No whitnesses..... :( .....I had been planing to cancel my collision Ins to save a few bucks...... Man am I glad I didn't.... :)

Yeah, sounds like policy from the cop's explanation, it doesn't matter what you're turning into, the rules are the same unless specifically posted otherwise like a left only lane, etc. Turning left into a private drive, access road, etc. IS the only time you can legally cross a double yellow and passing on a double yellow is an automatic ticket. Go ahead and yell but I gotta ask, there WASN'T a double yellow was there?

Cops never want to talk about policy in those situations, there's too much room for litigation and cops don't get as much backup from above as most folk think and they don't make exuberant amounts of money and defending yourself from even frivolous actions comes out of their pockets.

I certainly didn't expect you still had collision on it! That is really happy news, it'll take the sting out some at least.

Frosty The Lucky.

No double yellow, no way I'd do that. The cop aked me if I was wearing a seat belt and of course I said yes...... -_- .......but I wasn't. I know,I know. I consider this a near death experience and I ain't gonna push my luck again, besides I don't like air bag rash on my face and arms..... ;)

Glad you're alright. My 99 silverado just turned 204,000 mi. I live on the farm and the operators are pretty courteous around here. They will pull over if they get a following. Of course we are so rural everybody knows everybody pretty much.

I recently had been trying to sell Ol 99 on criagslist.......I started at $4800 and went down to $3000 over the course of 2-3 weeks.....No calls. Yesterday the ins adjuster asked if $5850 would be a fair settlement.......... B)

No double yellow, no way I'd do that. The cop aked me if I was wearing a seat belt and of course I said yes...... -_- .......but I wasn't. I know,I know. I consider this a near death experience and I ain't gonna push my luck again, besides I don't like air bag rash on my face and arms..... ;)

I asked my neighbor the State Trooper and he said the vehicle passing is the one doing something out of the norm and most liable. (I can't recall the term he used, stupid tree!) I didn't think you were passing on a double yellow but had to ask, no offense intended. Heck, just today I had to get snappish with a friend here who put his fingers in a shear for a joke!

I'm a habitual seat belt fastener too, you should've heard Dad and the guys in his shop laugh when I jumped in his truck to grab something out of the glove box and ended up hanging myself from the seat belt when I tried jumping out.

Sounds like your insurance company is doing you right, congratulations on not having cut rate insurance.

Frosty The Lucky.