I Forge Iron

Reminder: Keep Your Profile Current

Foo

I Forge Iron is expanding. As a result, we are changing the way we handle login authentication. We ask you check you account so we can fix any problems before the upgrade. Please make sure your login information is current. A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

One reason for this, is I Forge Iron now has a store and we'll be introducing an SSL (encryption). The upgrade, which will be rolled out soon, will allow users to login via email or username. Across multiple sites even.

Members stuck as, "Awaiting validation" will be deleted. These are people who signed up, often spammers, but never confirmed their email address.

Make sure your email address is correct!  you may find your account is closed if not current

I worry each time we hear that we are going to see upgrades. To me it seems that each time we do there are more problems. You of course may see another side of this but if I remember correctly the bps have never been the same since one or more of the upgrades. Seems like we get new wallpaper, some small items improve but the basics that have made this site what it is are not repaired. The bps are slowlly coming back but we no longer see a blueprint area in the top line of areas on the site. They are under pages? And the tailgating area we were recently told was back up and working is not under the tailgatings tab at the top. With all of this the site remains unique and certainly the only place with this kind of information. I would really like to see repairs made before work is done on ungrades. I simply do not know what those are or what they will add or do to the site. Thanks for your work!

I have never noticed spam being a problem.

Also I wonder what is the advantage of "Across multiple sites login". What is the upside?

I see already how many people on Facebook "like" this site. I'm glad they do (I guess) but I don't have nor do I want Facebook. Will my presence here be affected? by my non Facebook stance? Will I still have access to IFI without being on Facebook?

Andrew, thank you so much for the update email. I love this site even though I'm not generally very active but sooner or later I'll get a proper shop arranged,, then you'll need a Shotgun to get me to log out, (And I can only imagine what some of the folks in here could come up with for one. ;) )

@ Bob, I let some sites link and others not,,, depends on what info and interests I want up all over my wall really. Really hasn't had any effect with site access for me as yet anywhere.

Edited by FritzDaKat

I worry each time we hear that we are going to see upgrades...

This upgrade is straight forward. We're switching login systems. The Blueprints being offline are a another story. I'll post an update on the Blueprints soon.

Also I wonder what is the advantage of "Across multiple sites login". What is the upside?

I see already how many people on Facebook "like" this site. I'm glad they do (I guess) but I don't have nor do I want Facebook. Will my presence here be affected? by my non Facebook stance? Will I still have access to IFI without being on Facebook?

The advantage is one login. Also, you do not need to like us on Facebook. I put the banner up to remind people we are on there as well. I'll take it down in a few days.

Who will be affected by this authentication confirmation?? I've been a member since 2005. Same username and email.... :huh:

Everyone is affected.

I just clicked on my profile tab, and all that came up was a "what are you thinking?" box.
I'm thinking I can'[t access my profile. I'm kind of new, so i guess everythings right. Thanks for working on the site, I know people hate change, but I also know it's needed.
Go easy on the web builders guys, it's not as easy as you think!

Jim,

In the upper right hand corner you should see you account profile if you are logged in. Click on that and a popup box will appear. It has two columns when I do, the top item on the right hand column is "my settings". Click on that item and it should take you to your settings in your profile. Then you should see the email and password button. My apologies for being a little too cryptic on the last post. I left these steps out.

Brian P

Try this link http://www.iforgeiron.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp I don't know if it will take you directly to your settings page or not. It is the results from when I go to my settings page. I don't see anything specific to me but it is hard for me to be positive.

All I have in my upper right hand side is a tab for Messenger, notification, my profile, and sign out. When I click my profile a small chat box appears and asks what's on my mind. If I click sign out, well, it signs me out! (signing back in isn't a problem though!) The link did take me directly to my settings though, and my address is ok, so I guess we're all good on that front.

***EDIT***
Pay no attention to the ramblings above I found the tab for my profile (under the comment box) I'm not sure why I didn't see it on my work computer but can see it on the laptop. (We have all sorts of filters and blocjked sites so maybe it's affecting how i see the page at work.)

Sorry about that. (Stuff like this is why it's hard to be a web designer!)

• 4 weeks later...

I have never noticed spam being a problem.

Thank you, spam is not a going to be a problem as long as we staff members are doing our jobs removing them, and the offending posters.

No you do not have to have facebook, nor worry about it effecting you in any way, if you so choose.

• 1 year later...