I Forge Iron

Henrob 2000 welding and cuttting torch

CHPerdue

Hi All
I been thinking of getting the Henrob 2000 to cut plate and do some welding with. I have a Tig, Mig and a plazma cutter, but the tig and plazma cutter are old and needs some repair and and new parts. I just put a new water cooled torch on the tig, and it works great but the contactors have a lot of hours on them and and rectifiers are over 25 years old.
Just was hoping for some reviews on the Henrob 2000. I hope it will take some pressure off the other tools. My cutting torch could use replaceing as well. I would like to here what you think about this tool?
HH
CH

I've got the entire system brand new including the gauges and extra pieces.... I've had it for several years with the intention of getting some gas bottles and trying out some of the things it's capable of... Alas,things beyond my control have obstructed those plans (and some others too) for a couple of years....

I can't address it's use...only that the hotrodders & metalshapers think it's the greatest.... I think the whole package was around $12-1300 bucks. My main interest was the metal cutting and cast iron repairs it's used for... I've got 2 plasma cutters & haven't needed to fix any cast iron .... and have been otherwise occupied since I got it so it's just stored in the shop unused....

If you decide to purchase one I'd consider selling mine with all the extras for less than you could purchase a new one for. I've acquired a dozen other machines since I got it and I've been thinning out the herd of tools and project vehicles to a more managable quantity...I actually hadn't thought about it in a while til I saw your post....

I learned to (gas) weld with a Victor. I have had a Dillon torch for several years and would not be without it ( or the smith gas saver it hangs from). I do not cut with it ( I use the hypertherm 600 or Smith gas torch for that ).

Agreed the cost factor is smaller using a standard Victor or Smith or whatever for welding BUT the tip selection on the Henrob is where it's at for me. I can weld anything from 16 ga wire to 3/8 plate (although I would normally use the MIG or stick for plate). Common welding I do with the Henrob is 14-16 sheet and rod form 3/16 to 3/8.

Some day when my Dutch Uncle lets me turn loose of some money I'll add some QD's to the torch hoses and I'll have the same handy way to change things I do on the gas forge.

Hi
Mudbugone: I think I will by one but don't need al the extras. I have my bottles, regs, hose and flash back arrestors so the only thing I will be buying is the welding and cutting pack with DVD since I never used one before.

I pulled up You tube vids on the Henrob 2000 what I like the most is you can cut designs in 1/2" + steel plate. My plasma cutter wont do that it struggles with 3/8". Some of the things in the Videos are neat. It would be great to just pull out the torch and weld up something. My tig will do about anything but getting out the torch and lines, it is a water cooled torch, and the foot pedal is a real drag. Plus I have to move all the work to the tig area of the shop. It would be great to just move the torch over to do a quick weld or nice clean cut. I found the kit I want for about 359.00 but they want to bend my over on shipping, figures. :lol:
Thanks for the input.
CH

• 2 weeks later...

CH Perdue, can't you get a dry T.I.G. torch? Hook it up DC straight and scratch start? Weldcraft is one brand name. I use 1/8" tungsten, pure argon and e-70s2 fillerwire. I make a lot of scrollwork panels. and tack them with M.I.G. after which I weld them with T.I.G.. Sorta fusing adding filler weld. This is much cleaner welds tham using the M.I.G. alone, and the amount of weld to grind off is much less. It's a lot easier to drag a light torch to the work too. I want to know how well the Henrob will cut 1/2" x 1/2" solid bar, Is it easier/ cleaner/faster/ than a victor and does it use less gas?

• 10 months later...

Thread resurrected!!! I watched a demo at the FL flywheelers, and it was nothing short of an amazing... Then the gentlemen adressed the retail price, and everyone scattered... lol

There seemed to be a great bit of potential with the product, just haven't got enough opinions to make the price tag any less intimidating... 

Sooooo what is the real price?

Price for the special regulators?

Price for standard torch?

Price for o/a  or o/p welding tips?

For the complete package, I believe he said $395... There was the torch itself, I think there were 3 types of tips and three specialized tips, a wheelbarrow wheel cutting attachment and... Ummm? I think that was it? Oh, and the lifetime guarantee... 

I still love mine as Curly George had told you all earlier. I do NOT have special gauges or regulators,  just follow the Henrob install/use directions and all will be fine.

I also weld, braze, and cut with regular A/O rigs, but the Henrob does same on a lot less gas use and material wastes so mine paid for itself fast! 

I do plan on buying the atmospheric tip real soon that needs NO oxygen during use; works similar to an atmospheric gasser and  makes it similar to a jewelry torch  for silver soldering and such.

Stan