I Forge Iron

Steel tubes and usefulness

Hi I, Pipe is ideal for making candlesticks, candle holders etc by swaging them in and flaring them at appropriate positions

You can flatten it, forge it into squares or rounds, twist these sections and generally play around to your hearts content,

A couple of Safety points,

Don't use plated tubes, they can give off toxic fatal fumes,

and block off the end you are going to grip, you may also need tongs to grip the stock as the heat transfers up the pipe when it is being heated, and if you cool it, you will get a jet of boiling steam coming out of the end to scald you.

Take care and have fun

Ironswine,
I have a pretty good BP on how to make some really nice candlestick holders from CurlyGeorge. If he doesn't answer this post, let me know and I'll email you what he sent me.
Mark

Mark- If CurlyGeorge doesn't post, could you send them to me? I'd like to see them as well.

Here in the land of the "Red or Green" (official state question!) we make chile peppers from pipe. Taper one end and then round slightly and use a fuller to neck in the top a bit above the start of the taper. I fuller enough that you can forge the fullered section down into the stem