I Forge Iron

Welcome to the Alabama Forge Council

Glenn

Glenn
Thanks for the welcome to the AFC.

I am the Sec/Treas of the Phenix City Forge, affiliated with the AFC. We meet on the 4th Sat, 0900hrs Eastern, at the Blacksmith Shop at the Ft Mitchell Landmark Site. The site is on the original location of an 1813 fort which was later involved with the relocation of the Creek Indians to Ok.

While we are only 20 months old, we have a fairly active forge averaging 10 members attening each meeting. The site closes at 1700hrs and we are there as long as anyone wants to work on a project.

We welcome anyone who has an interest in black smithing and might want to join our forge. For more info, you may contact me through this site or at gmel@infionline.net.

Jerry

• 1 month later...

Hey, this has been here for a month or so and I just noticed! Usually don't scroll down far enough, I guess. Find something interesting to read right up top and then run out of time... anyway...

I'm Steve, from Athens Forge. We had a great meeting Saturday. First time I can remember us meeting on Memorial Day weekend, but Saturday meetings are new for us too. Seems to be working. We had a dozen folks Saturday, which is down a little from the last few months, but then, it was the big weekend. Good bunch of trade items and good iron in the hat.

May check in a little more often now that I know this is here!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow AFC members. I new to the AFC, I joined a few months ago. I have yet to attend a meeting but hope to do so soon. I live in the Butler, Alabama (Choctaw County) area. I am an at large member. Does anyone know where I can get some coal for my forge? Closer than Birmingham? Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are several places that the AFC meet monthly, look on the web sight and there will be contact information. Hope to see ya around the fire...
I meet with the Vulcan Forge Group in Tannehill State Park , behind the blacksmith shop on the 2nd sunday of each month. Look us up sometime...
Jeff

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...