I Forge Iron

Knockers & Stuff

megs

I second that. For once it's not inappropriate at all for me to confess my fondness for well formed knockers.. :)

I have been busy banging out some gifts before Xmas and getting more experience at the forge and anvil. Which as you all know, can be frustrating when things don't go your way. Or fantastic as your applying the wax to the finished job. Here's a couple more.
IMG_3285.jpgSome bowls
IMG_3259.jpgPartially finished scarf rack

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.The bowls where already partially made,( I cheated) They where old BA cylinders that had past their used by date. So being the recycler that I am, just cut the bottoms off. There was still a lot of work piercing and texturing in the forge. Not to mention the legs, they where the second set. As I wasn't happy with the stance of the first. Just didn't look right
IMG_3197.jpgThe first set of legs
IMG_3254.jpg Although a combination of the legs looked sort of cool in an alien way!

Nice work. I actually like the first bowls, thought they looked kinda alien / Sci-Fi even before you posted the last picture.

What is a BA cylinder, and a scarf rack? Durr, scarf as in a scarf you wear? I was thinking scarf, as in a welding scarf.

You did a great job on the dragon, I like it.

I hope your daughter is proud of her knocker. Good thing you didn't make her a pair. It might sound odd to someone to hear her say "Would you like to see my knockers?" :lol:

Nice work. I actually like the first bowls, thought they looked kinda alien / Sci-Fi even before you posted the last picture.

What is a BA cylinder, and a scarf rack? Durr, scarf as in a scarf you wear? I was thinking scarf, as in a welding scarf.

You did a great job on the dragon, I like it.

I hope your daughter is proud of her knocker. Good thing you didn't make her a pair. It might sound odd to someone to hear her say "Would you like to see my knockers?" :lol:

Thanks for the comments. The BA is a breathing apparatus cylinder, and your right with the scarf you wear, well it's for the wife who wears the scarfs or hats, Thanks again. Here's a couple of older stuff I've knocked up.
IMG_4.jpg Angry fish with candle inside
IMG_0008_2.jpg Wedding gift

Love the fish! Got some more pics, and details of that?

Thanks there BGD, The fish is one of my fav. More fabricated than forged. The body is 3mm sheet and there is two of them, welded down the central seam. The eyes are pieces of pipe and I just placed some crushed up glass that was melted into place.
IMG_2095.jpg
IMG_2097.jpg
Here's some snaps

Well I've just finished the scarf/hat rack, I hope she likes it.
IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3366.jpg
Only the second time I've really dabbled in the joinery side and need some work, but knoe that I should have spent more time on the bases joints. Live and learn :P

Well I've just finished the scarf/hat rack, I hope she likes it.
IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3366.jpg
Only the second time I've really dabbled in the joinery side and need some work, but knoe that I should have spent more time on the bases joints. Live and learn :P

How could anyone not like it? Wonderful job.

Is that a working toilet right there in the shop? That's what I call multi-tasking. I love the shop and the projects. Thanks for all the pics. Spears.

Multi tasking is a good thing and the toilet is operational, which helps a lot, less time to get distracted by other stuff in the house. The shed was a labour of love which took over two years to build and just under 20 tonne of stone. Thanks for your comments
IMG_1055.jpg

• 2 weeks later...