I Forge Iron

Pot rack

I did this pot rack as a replacement for one I sold at a craft fair a little over a month ago. The rim stock is 3/16x2 inch, the loop hooks are 1/8x1 1/2 inch, the hanging hooks and pot hooks are 1/4 inch square, and the corner pieces are 1x1x1/4 inch angle iron. I used 3/16 inch rivets all around. The texture is a large ball peen hammer (round side.) The finish is hand sand with 220 grit paper and then a glossy clear coat.
Overall size is 1 foot by 2 feet.
DSC09898.jpg

DSC09900.jpg

DSC09904.jpg

DSC09907.jpg

DSC09910.jpg

Thoughts???

That is fabulous!!!

I love the fact that it is riveted instead of welded ... makes this still an achievable project for anyone who still hasn't mastered welding.
The hooks instead of chains really stands out.
If you don't mind, I may want to "take some inspiration" from your design and make one for my wife. :)

If you object, I would understand.

That is fabulous!!!

I love the fact that it is riveted instead of welded ... makes this still an achievable project for anyone who still hasn't mastered welding.
The hooks instead of chains really stands out.
If you don't mind, I may want to "take some inspiration" from your design and make one for my wife. :)

If you object, I would understand.

Hey all! Thanks alot!

In answer to the above, anyone can feel free to take inspiration or copy or whatever with my work. If you do an exact copy just say that you got the design from me. That's all! Don't claim what I built to be all your own!
If you change the number of rivets....as far as I'm concerned, it is all your own and you can claim full royalties! :D

Good luck and be sure to post pictures! If you run into a bump, let me know and I'll be happy to try to help! (key word try!)

Dave; The flat eye on the back of the pot hooks seems quite unusual to me... I think that I like it too. I have a single bar pot rack in my kitchen and I made hooks of various lengths for it so that I can get a couple tiers of pots up there. I have them fitted fairly tightly so that they don't move much as the reach from the ground is tall... that way you can hold the pot and hook it without steadying the hook. I might try some of your style as they look like they might grip the bar tighter. Nice work! On mine I drew the bar ends out into hooks and then used S hooks to attach to eyes set in the ceiling... I gave it a little curve which makes it hang slightly off kilter when empty... but once it's full of pots they pull it straight.

Dave; The flat eye on the back of the pot hooks seems quite unusual to me... I think that I like it too. I have a single bar pot rack in my kitchen and I made hooks of various lengths for it so that I can get a couple tiers of pots up there. I have them fitted fairly tightly so that they don't move much as the reach from the ground is tall... that way you can hold the pot and hook it without steadying the hook. I might try some of your style as they look like they might grip the bar tighter. Nice work! On mine I drew the bar ends out into hooks and then used S hooks to attach to eyes set in the ceiling... I gave it a little curve which makes it hang slightly off kilter when empty... but once it's full of pots they pull it straight.

My hooks do not fit very tightly on the bar. I want them to be easily moved so that it can be customized to the size pots people put on it. The flat back keeps the hook from rotating on the rack so that the hook is always square and never "sloppy" looking.

Dave, what can I say. Wow! That is beautiful work. I really like the rivets, and the hooks, and the, well, everything.

It is rare that a young man has such talent and ambition these days. You are an inspiration to those of us that are just beginning. (Even us old farts) Thanks for sharing your work and the pictures.

Have a blessed day,

Mark<><