I Forge Iron

Something for Monster

Nice, if only my rich uncle would have written my into his will before he died. oh wait I have/had no rich uncles or any other reletives for that matter. maybe one day I can win the lottery. then I'll be able to afford one of those new fancy powered hammers and a shop big enough to hold a few more tools.

One can dream can't he

The hammers are great. Does anyone know if this plant is shutting done?
If so this is truely sad. I doubt if Klien is going out of buisness but just another case of a bad economy. Proubably sending more jobs over seas. Klien tools are great. All my ironworking gear is Klien.

Just look it up. They are building a new modern plant. This is good news.

So assuming you aren't on bedrock, what kind of foundation would you need under a 2000 pounder? It's got a significant dead weight load, plus the live load must be huge on those. I've seen pictures of them put on springs or elastomere foundations. Is there any benefit to doing that over a solid pile/pile cap or raft foundation?

I'm liking the Cincinnati milling machines on the next page!! https://www.apexauct...htm?lotId=41900 Been on the block for 18 days and the highest bid is $100!! Looks like there are deals to be had there as long as you got the where-for-all to get it home. "Dear, it followed me home! Can I keep it??" :D

Edit: After review I noticed that it was 18 days LEFT on the bidding....DOH!!!

Edited by Dodge

Lots of times big stuff goes cheap. I was at an auction about 8-9 years ago. 2 steam hammers 1000&2000lb $500 ea. to the scrappers. 2 Mills similar to the one Dodge posted but bigger, 2 years earlier they had spent $25 000 rebuilding them and adding CNC controls. $1000 ea. Several huge Rockford planer mills that were used to machine diesel locomotive frames, $500 ea to the scrappers.

I'm liking the Cincinnati milling machines on the next page!! https://www.apexauctions.com/auction-us/itemDetails.htm?lotId=41900 Been on the block for 18 days and the highest bid is $100!! Looks like there are deals to be had there as long as you got the where-for-all to get it home. "Dear, it followed me home! Can I keep it??" :D

Sorry Scott I have already used that excuse numerous times here and it is now worn out!!! :P