I Forge Iron

damascus hunter w/ stag

atakach

That is a wonderful knife. Let me add two cents about sambar stag:. That material has not been allowed to leave India for along time now. However a few years ago they did let some of it that was stored since the embargo out of the country.
The piece on this knife is really nice in shape, texture and color. Real hard fo find anymore. I am so glad that the maker chose to retain as much of the stag as could be done by fitting the buttcap to the stag instead of grinding away at it like a lot of us did in the past. That workmanship is top notch,,and it also explains why his pattern welded blade is top notch also. Thanks for sharing.

I know everyone has allready said it but I cant look at this knife not leave a comment saying how beautiful and well made this knife really is. I checked out your web site and im sure this knife will fit in very well with all the other well made knives I saw on there.

yes sir, i do everything myself, but i recently have been sending out for sheaths.

I've just got to say I don't believe I have ever seen damascus that is more beautiful than what u have done here..I love the contrast in the blade..UNREAL..I sure don't blame u about purchasing the sheaths..lotta trouble making one especially when u could be forging more blades! If u don't mind my asking, who makes the sheaths for u ? I mite be interested in that myself...thanks for the postings!!!

Gene

I've just got to say I don't believe I have ever seen damascus that is more beautiful than what u have done here..I love the contrast in the blade..UNREAL..I sure don't blame u about purchasing the sheaths..lotta trouble making one especially when u could be forging more blades! If u don't mind my asking, who makes the sheaths for u ? I mite be interested in that myself...thanks for the postings!!!

Gene

Gene, his name is Robert Jones, his website is www.handsewnleather.com, the site wasnt working the other day but if you google him you can find his work on some forums.

many thanks
andrew

Very nice work. The contrast in that damascus is intense!

How did you fasten the pommel securely? I'm thinking about the same thing on a knife, but I can't wrap my head around trusting epoxy.

if you have concerns, thread the tang or if it is to short acr weld an all thread onto it . depends on if it is ment to be a hard use knife . if so, i probably wouldnt trustt epoxy (i.e. chopper etc)

• 4 weeks later...