I Forge Iron

Hearts for Valentine's Day

Thanks, guys! These also make nice pendants and napkin rings. Like I said before, my most profitable job so far as a blacksmith was making 500 napkin ring hearts for a wedding party finished in two days. More and more weddings are giving away table gifts, and these are a lot more permanent than a small box of candy.

• 2 weeks later...

Brian Brazeal

Thanks.

These are the prices I was playing with in my mind. After studying your video, I hammered out seven or eight hearts. I will give it a serious try for Valentine's day.

While I am here, I want to thank you for your generosity. When I look at your videos or read your posts here on Iforgeiron, going back to my forge, I have more confidence, I try new things and have a feeling of moving forward.These hearts for instance have solved for me the problem of bending square corners. It is so simple, so elegant a solution. I have made squares for a customer to hold records and stuff on a wall. My corners, eventhough they are not seen, do not please me. They are not square enough. I plan on hanging books of mine on the walls of my office space. The quares will have these corners.

Again thank you for the hearts, for the slitter geometry and for all your generosity.

Yves

• 9 years later...