I Forge Iron

Buster Sword

VGames

The sword will be completely made of iron. I already said I don't care if I can't swing it. I just want a close replica of the actual blade on my wall with the rest of my swords. I will attempt to swing it at least once. And don't worry about me hurting myself or someone else by accident. I'm not 12. :)

I will look into the different ways you guys said to polish the iron to make it reflective. This is a must. I'll probably get started on this either this weekend or during next week sometime. I'm off all week for vacation so this is the perfect time to get started. I will definitely post pictures when it's done.

Edited by VGames

pkrankow... my apologies about the price of aluminum vs steel.. forgot that aluminum is much lighter.. higher per pound but lighter... ... sorry about the dummy moment...

I'm not offended. I am in one of the parts of the country that scrap yards have been litigated closed, so I am stuck trash picking or buying new.

Phil

If ya want shiny have it either nickel, or chrome plated.

If you wanted one to carry for show, I might consider making it out of sheetmetal over a balsa, or foam core. Just don't hit anything with it. It would be considerably lighter, but still have some heft to it.

Good luck with the project.

BIGUNDOCTOR... hell go for fiberglass over rigid foam.. then one the final gel coat use flaked graphite.. and the polish with a clean cotton rag.. it would look like shiny dark steel.. flaked graphite and glue/clear resin are an old stage trick for making "steel armor" out of carboard, bukram, and paste... and other cheap light materials...

• 2 weeks later...