I Forge Iron

Prayers Needed

Reidster

I normally do not venture into this particular topic as life just seems to be whirling away until here recently. You see my mother who just married her high school sweetheart after being apart for 45 years has just found out she has stage IV lung cancer - not good. To top it all off, just 2 1/2 months after they married this past Aug - her husband (which turns out to be my real biological father by the way FWIW) has developed some serious lung and heart problems and is laying up in ICU in Lexingtons Central Baptist. Too complicate matters even further - his mother (now my grandmother - who is a 95 years old and a real fireball pistol) had to be admited to the same hospital on the same floor. My mother is doing well for what she has gone thru (5 sessions of chemo and still holding strong and making progress), father is holding his own but has been medically paralized and is on mechanical ventilator - does not look good but we are hopeful. Poor old granny is just dehydrated - I think she will outlive us all!! The good news I suppose is that I was layed off from last job about a month ago and can come up to Ky to assist them. Any thoughts and prayers we can get for a speedy recovery for mother, father and grandmother would be sincerely appriciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the good news is that grandmother is doing fine now, bad news is - her son, my father, passed away peacefully with his family by his side last Friday afternoon. I know now that he is at peace and comfortable without pain. It was very hard for all of us, but he is truly in a better place now and will be missed terribly.
I want to thank all of you for the prayers and thoughts you provided throughout this whole ordeal. Even those that did not post, I know your thoughts were with us. Without such - this would have been much harder I am sure. Thank you to a great bunch of folks.
If there is a chance you all could "ring the anvil" for my father in your spare time I know he would appreciate it and be watching over all from that mighty paradise he now rests.
Many blessings,
Reid