I Forge Iron

Hooray for the Hofi hammer!

You'll love it! Best investment I made for ANY tool in my shop. Both of mine were made by Tom Clark but he learned from Hofi. The first one I got is a 2#er and I got to 'help' make it. Saw it from start to finish and even helped with the tempering of the batch my came from. The second one is a 2.4#er and I got it this year when they had the Ozark sale back in March, along with a bunch of other tools. Love 'em.

They are great hammers! Next, if you haven't already, learn his hammering technique!
There is some blueprints here of the dvd is also full of great information. The technique has improved my ability to forge longer and with more efficiency and I'm steel learnin.

Mine came last night, too (C3)!! I've been getting some "mandatory" overtime at work, so will have to wait until either tomorrow night or the weekend to try 'er out. I've been looking at Hofi's hammer techniques in the blueprints sections, and by just adjusting my grip on the hammer, I have 100% eliminated blisters and cut about 75% of muscle fatigue down (still working on the swing)--I usually get blisters, as I only forge about 2-3 times per week for only about 2 hours a session, so I really doubt my hand is getting callused. So excited! Just feels good in the hand. Can't wait to do some forging!!

I wrote this back in April 09. But I am still so excited about having my Hofi Hammer that I wanted to express my appreciation again because I feel the same way about it now!
I am very fortunate that I am able to live a life with an attitude of gratitude because I was lucky enough to have experienced what it was like with nothing. Now I have everything

I received my 2.75 pound Hofi Hammer today.
I am truly excited and pleased to have received into my care, a hammer that to me is a positive symbol of the summary of excellence in craftsmanship and enterprise.
I feel that our country, as well as many other countries was built on the backs of men who skillfully applied craftsmanship coupled with a stellar approach to business enterprise.
And to me, it is summed up with the receipt of this valued hammer that is now in my care.

I must first give a sincere

We usually collect an order, assuring the largest discount on both hammers and shipping, and present the order to Hofi. This has been 4 to 6 weeks in the past, longer if the orders come in slowly. After that he makes the hammers according to his schedule and ships them to the USA.

Each is a custom built hammer made to your order.

For those who I have known (FYI), as of this note, I no longer plan on being very active with my opinion in the forums or chatting in the chat room. I am getting a wee bit long in the tooth and I am very tired.
Ted Throckmorton

Ted, please make sure you post from time to time. I enjoy reading your level-headed posts.