I Forge Iron

New Tools aquired

had a friend who runs auctions call me and tell me about an anvil with a couple tools, 2 hardys and the anvil came on a stump. It turned out to be a Hay Budden Farriers anvil, 140+ lbs, not really in bad shape either, I'll let it go to a friend of a friend, but the hardy's are mine!!

Sounds plausible. I've seen enough around to know they're manufactured as shown so they must've been useful enough to make a bunch.

Sizing exactly, working short leg "T"s and twisting sound like good uses. I'd just like to know what they were manufactured for. I'm thinking sizing but . . .

The one I have is 3/4" x 7/8" x 3". I have another one but it's different being 1/8" x 1 1/4" but the bottom looks like it was cut with an acute chisel.

Bending and twisting with the larger one might work, I'll give it a try next time.

Frosty

Orgtwister, you gave me a great idea! I'm gonna make some totally nonsensical hardy tools and tongs and put them on ebay! Imagine the conversations it could start!

Do it! It will be interesting to see what comes of it. Instead of folks coming up with a useful tool to help make a job easier, they will come up with an interesting widget to make using an unknown tool. :)