I Forge Iron

Calling all Pacific Northwest Smiths!

Howdy folks,

I'm curious how many people from Oregon, Washington, and the Pacific Northwest in general are using the forum. If you are, please drop me a note, or reply to this thread and let me know! (I'm trying to do some research into the feasability of reselling coal and coke in this region.)

Thanks!

Hey RC,

Fairly close to Mt St Helens here.

There's a number of us locally who get together on a rare occasion and do a "group buy" on coke (15 - 20 tons or more).

I pretty much just use a gasser now and have a large share of my last buy still in the bin but some of those folk may be interested in buying from you.

Keep us up to date as you move forward.

NE Portland. Lot's of smithing going on in the NW! NWBA, Ft. Vancouver, Brooks Steam-up for a few. A new blacksmith shop being planned at the Yamhill Historical Society in Mc Minnville. Shelton Browder (Colonial Williamsburg) coming this fall for a demo workshop and a hands on workshop. I'll post on the calendar forum soon. I'm definitely interested in getting a better price on coal!

ya ime not liveing in the nw but i travel and do shows there(oregon state fair, puyallup fair) and am always interested in a place to get coal/coke as i dont like to haul to much of it from home ....and there is defenetly still a nwba theyre 30th anaversary is theyre fall conference in october I plan to be there!

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Good to hear :) I know I keep seeing more and more work coming out of Portland that I never knew about. I grew up in McMinnville, this is the first I heard about a forge running up there! That would be great! I've been to an NWBA conference, it was great. I had the pleasure of watching Brian Brazeal and his brother demo there. I didn't get to make it over to Sisters, but a number of my close smithin buddies went. Sounded like a real good time :) I'll let you know as things move forward. Still in the research and information gathering phase of all this.

ya ime not liveing in the nw but i travel and do shows there(oregon state fair, puyallup fair) and am always interested in a place to get coal/coke as i dont like to haul to much of it from home ....and there is defenetly still a nwba theyre 30th anaversary is theyre fall conference in october I plan to be there!

You're doing the state fair? I'll come out and meet you this summer. I did the Oregon State Fair from '91 to 2000. Great times!

You're doing the state fair? I'll come out and meet you this summer. I did the Oregon State Fair from '91 to 2000. Great times!

ya ime doing it in the artizan marketplace with a knifemaker (red trool forge). I did it last year and was plesantly suprised by the sales ... also have a group of class blowers across the way to watch it was fun! so figured to add it to my regular summer travel. will look forward to meeting you!