I Forge Iron

Advice

Dodge

Maximum effective range of an excuse-zero meters..................This one reminds me of about 30 years ago when a young man came over to the long distance range, 500 yards where some of old boys were shooting our big bores practicing for the George Birthington's Washday Matches. I was shooting my trusty Model 1989 Krag, and he was shooting his brand new, spiffy AR-15. He was sure having a good time ridiculing me and my old rifle until he started to shoot at a range he had never in his life shot at. He wasn't even getting on the paper, no not even to target, shot a lot of dirt. The other old bods were shooting '03's and M-1's and all having a great time with the practice. Finally the range master came over and helped the lad get on the paper. Then came the time for us to move back to the 1,000 yard line. You got it the lad with the AR-15 let out a big whine about his not being able to fire at that range! Even my old Krag could get on the paper at that range with reliability, not match winning accuracy compared to some of the '03's and M-1's but respectable for it's age. A 200 grain round nose will fly further than a 62 grain bullet and have more energy left at the end of that flight. It's just a matter of physics not excuses. :blink: