I Forge Iron

1095 Hunter

bg7m

very very cool piece. I like a lot of things about this knife, the overall polish looks smooth, nice and subtle. The bit of filework on the guard is great too, it really looks good with the angle. Awesome handle material selection!

The only things I don't really like are the beefy ricasso and the hardened spine, but I still really envy how well you made this. keep up the great work!

why did you harden the spine too? normally a differential H/T is cutting edge only.

I have an old Bowie knife I made a long time ago. I use it to cut off pieces of hart pine for kindling. The spine is soft on that knife and after years of beating on the spine with a hammer it has mushroomed out quite a bit. I know this knife will probably not be beat on, but who knows what it will be used for. I have not broken any test blades hardened this way, but plan to soon. Any of you guys broken a blade heattreated this way?