I Forge Iron

Cole Drill

Recently purchased a "Cole Drill" through Ebay, have found it much easier than using a hand held electric drill when holes larger than 1/2" are needed in
material that can't be placed in a drill press.

Shipto, I wish I had a mag drill myself; but how good is the mag drill 22 miles from the nearest outlet? Lots of folks off the grid here in NM. Most tools have use cases for which they are the exact thing needed and a whole lot of others where they will do or might do or fail miserably. (The goal is to own them *ALL* bwahahahahahahaha...)

that little bugger would have saved me alot of headaches,

Since finding out about them and now owning one I can say the same thing,
they are great for drilling out stripped threads broken studs etc. the slow speed combined with the feed screw have resulted in a very usefull portable drill, supposedly capable of drilling over a 1"dia hole, 29/32" is the largest I have drilled so far.

• 2 years later...

Drills of this general design go for much less than $375 on eBay, although they can still be a little pricey. It's the drill/vise combo that drove up the price on that set. I may regret this, but I'll mention that there are many varieties, not all were made by Cole, and it doesn't hurt to get a little creative with your searches. A lot of folks selling these sorts of things don't really know what they have. That's all I'm gonna say. :P

Yeah I can tell you from experience that the vise is pretty close to worthless (Anyone out there who owns one and loves it im sorry in advance...) I have bought a couple for $5-$10 that where a little rough. I have one I paid $75 for but its perfect and has all the parts and a nice jacobs chuck.... I had that same combo he is asking $375, I paid $80 sold the vise for $60 and thought I was doing quite well, mine was every bit as nice as that too.. Heck mine even had the factory box and paperwork They are a pretty cool little tool...