I Forge Iron

today's the day!

jimbob

Congratulations on doing more than a full pull Jimbob!

Be prepared come Monday. Turn the alarm off Sunday night, and stay up late. Then around 10:30 Monday morning call your ex boss to tell him you aren't coming in. (I did )

A word of warning, retirement is 24/7. Fridays won't mean anything special anymore, weekends only mean different TV programming and more traffic if you need to go somewhere, same for holidays. There are no breaks, holidays or days off of any kind.

Enjoy.

Frosty

Don't forget to laugh maniacally so they don't think it's an accident! I called as high up the chain of command as I had a number for too. We had a good laugh, then he told me to Flap off. :D

If I lived closer I would've shown up for dispatch just to laugh at the working stiffs but I wasn't about to get up at 4:00am just for a joke.

Enjoy your last day . . . At work! Monday will take care of itself or the wife will.

Frosty

Retirement is an adjustment of lifestyle. I found myself working harder, planning more. I got a lot healther by cutting logs, running a sawmill, building a house, farming and working in the shop. If and when I want to just up and leave that is what I do. Don't have to beg for time off and don't have to tolerate people I don't care to be around.
The big secret to a retirement is to live within your means.
And a big congrats from me, you made it.

Retirement is an adjustment of lifestyle. I found myself working harder, planning more. I got a lot healther by cutting logs, running a sawmill, building a house, farming and working in the shop. If and when I want to just up and leave that is what I do. Don't have to beg for time off and don't have to tolerate people I don't care to be around.
The big secret to a retirement is to live within your means.
And a big congrats from me, you made it.

Well done....
i am looking at 41 more before I am allowed to retire..

My father never retired but stopped "working" afer his brain surgery... and then got a a sawmill and built a new shop... and works there a bit every day now

God Bless you take care and do everything you want to do, follow your bliss!