I Forge Iron

Unusual tongs

I saw a picture of these tongs on another website, they were made by Jeremy K, I studied the pictures and honestly...I couldn't really see how they worked. Our guild is having it's monthly meeting tomorrow, and the trade item is a pair of tongs, so I figured...what the heck, I didn't get the ring on the end the same as Jeremy's, but I think they came out pretty good, almost tempted to just take an old pair for trade item...ha.

11823.attach

I had seen a picture in a magazine put out buy the British Artist Blacksmiths Association. That's were the design is from and it was just a line drawing - I just made a pair cause I hadn't seen anything like them. I did the same - took them to one of our meetings and all I got was "what are they, how do you use them, and "WHY MAKE THEM LIKE THAT". They never even stopped to look at them cause they were not what the "normal" tongs look like. I have used them in certain instances and they work just as good as any other tongs do. I did a blue print on them BP0303 Swivel Link Universal Tongs - JK

tgsmith1 - you did good and you got some forging time in which is practice and practice is really good for anyone.

11829.attach

11830.attach

11831.attach

Edited by jeremy k