I Forge Iron

Touchmark!

tech413

It depends on how intricate the design is a simple one with just your name can be under
$100 and can go up to three hundred or more depending on how fancy. It costs nothing to make a drawing of what you want and send it to all the companys for a quote.

Bob

The touch mark that I inquired about was just an anvil with CG above it, aprox 1/8inch tall and 3/16inch long. Harper said $125.00, and CER Metal Marking said that if I use their "stock anvil" with CG on top, it would run $35.00 plus shipping. It's a pretty simple touch mark, though. If I use a different anvil, it would cost an extra $100.00, or so, for just to make the pattern.

George, that is a pretty small touchmark, but I got the same price from CER. I really didn't like the way it seemed like they didn't want to do a custom stamp. So far, for the last pic in Richards line up, prices are 150 from Harper's and Everstamp said 179, CER still hasn't given me a definite price yet, and waiting on others. I'm thinking about omitting the "Amherstburg, Ont." part and just having the D&D inside the anvil outline, what do you guys think?

Well I called Harper today and ordered my stamp, they said about 3 weeks to get it. CER really seemed like they didn't want to work with me, and kept trying to sell me the generic stamp which I made very clear I did not want. I'm not trying to bash them, but this was just my experience. I will post pics when I get it.

CER was pretty well set on using the "generic" anvil for me, too. He said that it is all straight lines. If I want an anvil that looks like a real anvil, it was going to cost another $100 or so for the layout. I've decided on CMT to make mine. He said $92 plus shipping.
http://columbiamt.com/CMT-Marking-Stamps/

Edited by CurlyGeorge

• 2 weeks later...

If you e-mail me direct with what you want (even if its a photo or hand sketch) I will set the price for my inside sales guys.
As the owner and a memeber of the forum I will give th ebest breaks on price I can.

We are the largest manufacture of custom steel stamps in the world but don't let that scare you we do lots of special 1 piece orders and if we have even a hand scetch our in-house engineers will design the stamps and e-mail or fax you an approval drawing before we make it.

Obviously if you use standard characters we can do these cheaper than a custom logo.

tjp@columbiamt.com

or fax to Tom 586-949-8401